Monday, August 24, 2015

Light fixture fix on the cheap!

When we bought this house I knew there were a ton of things I wanted to change, but the cost of changing the light fixtures shocked me! I had no idea how expensive light fixtures could be! So instead of investing the money right away, I decided to try something else first....
 

Original light fixture in it's funky amber, copper, beaded way.... it wasn't completely hideous, but I just didn't like it at all.
 The below picture shows the amber plastic beads that were strung from the top to each little "arm" that holds the light bulb.


So instead of buying a new light fixture I grabbed a can of spray paint and got to work! I removed the beads- they really didn't need to come back! I took the pieces off that were loose and then started spraying.


Seriously for $5 this thing already looks better and it's the first coat!




Here she is after. I actually don't hate it now! I think it really helped just taking the beads off, but the silver paint gives it a new clean sparkle! I can live with it for now and eventually when all of the other projects that are more important have been finished, we can budget or new light fixtures!


No comments:

Post a Comment